October 28, I am getting my hair done…the problem is I cannot decide what I want. I haven’t had either in ages! Weave or some box braids?? I’m going to try and make a pros and cons list…here we go!
- Very stylish
- Versatile since there are many types of hair and styles you can do as if it was your own
- A lot faster to put in and take out
- Potentially less heavy than braids
- Could mess up the edges
- Lots of maintenance, you have to treat the weave like it is your own hair, so it isn’t really a break
- Could get a bad batch of hair and it would be all tangly and what not (hey, you never know)
- Hair and closures are expensive!
- Apparently getting the braids wet and not drying them thoroughly will cause a mildew like smell…ew
- Last quite awhile
- Kind of versatile in styling, offers many colour options
- Easy access to scalp
- Bare maintenance needed
- Cheaper to get hair
- Potentially cheaper to get done, especially in college where the girls who can braid will hook you up for a lower price than a shop
- Could also potentially mess up edges
- Could be too heavy
- Takes forever to take in and take out
What do you suggest, curlies?