Hi, I’m Amira!
I’m a doctoral researcher investigating sustainable fashion behaviours. This is a research blog where I reflect on living a more sustainable lifestyle. I also write about building good habits, being creative, and having an impact! I will be analysing my reflections and the comments on my posts so get a better understanding of what it is like to implement sustainable fashion into our lives.
This blog is an extension of that but it is also much more. I have been blogging for over 5 years across many different blogs so although the sustainable fashion posts will be analysed (by me) this is still very much my blog. For example, my posts about Christianity and living for God will still be present throughout the blog. Her-Notebook blog (HNB) is a compilation of DIY, sustainable fashion and ethical beauty, and loads of personal reflections on my life and general goings on of the world.
Here are HNB’s wider goals:
- To develop a community where we can be encouraged to try new things, go new places, and just generally glow up. I hope by sharing our experiences we can learn from each other.
- Help you & me to develop lasting habits that will help us to move forward and achieve our goals
- Provide a different perspective – sometimes it seems that #instalife is real life, which is cute and all but I want to show you a different perspective, one that isn’t perfectly curated
- Share testimonies of God’s faithfulness because Luke 8:39, 1 Peter 3:15, and Psalm 71:24
- Navigate sustainable fashion and also living a more sustainable lifestyle – Becoming a more conscious consumer is definitely the way forward. I hope that you will join me on this journey!
I just want you to be inspired and see some cool stuff. I’m trying to live a different kind of life and I would love for you to join me.
Here are some random facts about me that you may or may not find interesting –
- I moved to the UK from Baltimore when I was 17. I thought that I would live my entire life on the east coast of America. Obviously, God had different plans.
- I became a Christian in my 1st year of university and rededicated my life to Christ in 2016
- I design jewellery and have been featured on blogs such as Quirktastic and Curlture
- Interested in sustainable and independent fashion and ethical beauty
- I lift weights, I don’t eat meat, and I love my natural hair
- Currently a PhD researcher
So yeah, Welcome to Her-Notebook!
Want to collab? Please contact me on social media as my email is having some issues!