Hi, I’m Amira!
You might know me as FroandBro or as A. Monaie Designs but my name is, in fact, Amira! Nice to meet you!
Her-Notebook blog (HNB) is a compilation of DIY, sustainable fashion and beauty, hair (Fro&Bro), design and entrepreneurship (A. Monaie Designs), academia (future Dr.), and loads of personal reflections on my life and general goings on of the world.
Whilst that does sound deep, I just want this to be a fun outlet to share ideas and support. My little contribution to making the world a more beautiful place. Check out this post for more on what I hope that you get from this blog and to learn a bit more about me.
Just in case you don’t feel like clicking, here are HNB’s goals:
- Encourage you to try new things, go new places, and find your path in life. I don’t have any of the answers but I hope by sharing my experiences you can learn from my choices, good and bad.
- A different perspective – sometimes it seems that #instalife is real life, which is cute and all but I want to show you a different perspective, one that isn’t perfectly curated
- Share testimonies of God’s faithfulness because Luke 8:39, 1 Peter 3:15, and Psalm 71:24
- Navigate sustainability and sustainable fashion – I’m trying to be more conscious about the way I shop and take care of my clothes
- Just want you to be inspired and see some cool stuff – Not everyday serious. So that’s why I also want to share hair tips, random stories, you know, important stuff
- I would call this point personal development but really, it’s more me experimenting with photography, hairstyles, upcycling, hobbies, workouts, and skincare products and telling you about it.
- Shed light on a career as an Academic – Can’t say I’ve seen this career path promoted as much as a traditional graduate job and haven’t seen many women of colour in this field so I’m looking forward to sharing my experiences.
- I love to talk and quite frankly these blog posts provide me with a captive audience, ce la vie.
Here are some random facts about me that you may or may not find interesting –
- I moved to the UK from Baltimore when I was 17. I thought that I would live my entire life on the east coast of America. Obviously, God had different plans.
- I became a Christian in my 1st year of university and rededicated my life to Christ in 2016
- I design jewellery and have been featured on blogs such as Quirktastic and Curlture
- Interested in sustainable and independent fashion and ethical beauty
- I lift weights, I don’t eat meat, and I love my natural hair
- Currently a PhD student
So yeah, that’s me in a nutshell. Welcome to my notebook.
Want to collab? Please contact me on social media as my email is having some issues!